CommercialSmith Boiler Commercial Product Catalog
28HE Steam Power-burner Boiler, Fired with Oil, Gas or Both
Smith Cast Iron Boilers has taken the field-proven design of 28A series commercial boilers to even higher levels of performance and efficiency with 28HE series, high-efficiency boilers. Available in fifteen sizes ranging from 931 to 4,622 MBH, Smith 28HE series steam boilers are designed to provide the highest combustion and thermal efficiencies possible with forced draft firing.
Series 28HE Steam Boilers Include:
- Rugged cast iron heat exchanger sections with integral flue collector
- Heat transfer rods and extra thick (3") insulated jacket for increased performance
- High temperature flexible graphite port connectors provide the installation ease of a gasket and long life of a push nipple
- Graphite port connectors and ceramic fiber flue gas rope seals reduce assembly time and require no special assembly tools
- Short, individual draw rods simplify assembly and reduce stress
- A front and rear observation ports to visually inspect the flame and combustion chamber
- Easy-to-remove, front access covers and side mounted cover plates for quick and easy boiler cleaning
- Side mounted tankless coil domestic water heaters (when provided) for easy inspection and/or replacement
- Cast iron smoke hood with integral fail-safe breeching damper that is easily adjusted and locked into position
- Obround shaped upper port for improved internal circulation and dry steam
- Knocked down for field assembly. Factory packaged available.
- Choice of Beckett, Carlin, Powerflame and Webster power burners with a wide array of available controls